William H. Kaiser
Mr. Kaiser has spent his entire career fighting on behalf of individuals to ensure fairness and equality in the workplace. For almost 15 years, Mr. Kaiser has concentrated his practice primarily in the areas of employment and civil rights litigation. During that time he has represented individuals in employment disputes with some of the nation's largest companies and institutions.
Mr. Kaiser has successfully obtained numerous significant monetary settlements for his clients and has litigated ground-breaking cases that have resulted in published court decisions on various aspects of employment law. He regularly litigates before courts and arbitration panels in cases involving employment discrimination, sexual harassment, breach of contract, non-payment of wages, bonuses and commissions, and alleged violations of non-compete and non-solicitation clauses. Mr. Kaiser also has substantial experience representing victims of retaliation based on whistleblowing activities.
Mr. Kaiser is a 1992 graduate of the Cornell University, where he attended the School of Industrial and Labor Relations. He received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 1996, where he was a member of the Law Review and served as the Notes and Comments editor. Mr. Kaiser is admitted to the bars of New York and New Jersey and also before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Kaiser has been named to the list of New York Super Lawyers, a listing of the top attorneys in New York.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Complex Litigation
- Civil Rights Litigation
- New Jersey, 1996
- New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1996
- Law Review: Brooklyn Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor, 1995
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- B.S. - 1992
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Extortion in the Workplace: Using Civil RICO to Combat Sexual Harassment in Employment, Brooklyn Law Review, Fall, 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transsender Rights Committee, 1999 - 2001
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Columbia University New York Psychiatric Institute's Working Group on Gender
- Lesbian and Gay Law Association, Member, Board of Directors, 2001 - 2002