New York City
For more than twenty-five years, Mr. Saurborn has represented clients throughout the United States facing a wide variety of complex legal problems, both locally and abroad. Mr. Saurborn began his professional legal career as a law clerk for a federal judge at both the trial and appellate levels, which provided a rare and early opportunity to develop experience in federal trial and appellate practice and to become intimately involved in the internal handling and disposition of actions in the federal courts. For several years thereafter, he worked at a large international law firm renowned for its corporate and litigation practice, and then at a smaller boutique litigation firm where he continued to refine and expand his knowledge and skills representing mainly corporate and institutional clients in a variety of financial, corporate and real estate transactions, disputes and litigation.
During the past decade, Mr. Saurborn has focused his practice primarily on disputes and issues arising out of the employment relationship, including hiring, termination and compensation. He also has substantial and extensive knowledge and experience in matters involving closely held business entities, unfair competition, restrictive covenants and trade secrets, and has continued to represent clients, both in court and elsewhere, with other complex legal matters. Mr. Saurborn has developed a substantial expertise concerning medical-legal issues, including the education, training, employment and discipline of physicians, medical malpractice, and the business and administrative aspects of medicine and medical practice.
Mr. Saurborn is an honors graduate of both Vanderbilt University and the New York Law School, where he was also the Editor-in-Chief of the New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law. He is admitted to practice in the states of New York and New Jersey, in the federal district courts in both states, and before the United States Courts of Appeal for the Second and Third Circuits.
Mr. Saurborn has been named to the list of New York Super Lawyers, a listing of the top attorneys in New York.
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law.
- Complex Litigation.
- Medical-Legal Issues and Practice.
- New York, 1987.
- New Jersey, 1987.
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1987.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1991.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1991.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1993.
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1993.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1993.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1987.
- New York Law School, 1986, J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude.
- Law Journal: New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law
- (Editor-in-Chief, 1985 - 1986.)
- Vanderbilt University, 1983, B.A.
- Honors: Cum Laude.
- Honors: Honors Program in Political Science.
- Honors: Phi Sigma Iota.
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Supreme Court of New York, New York County, Commercial Division (Mediator)
- Superior Court of New Jersey (Mediator)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (Mediator)
- New York City Bar Association
- (Member (1995-1998) and Secretary (1996-1998) Committee on Cooperative and Condominium Law)
- New York State Bar Association.
- New Jersey State Bar Association.
- Hudson County Bar Association.
- American Bar Association.