Real Estate Disputes in New York and New Jersey
Anyone who owns or rents property might someday become embroiled in a controversy over real estate. Market conditions might encourage a seller to break a purchase contract. A homeowner might need advice about construction defects. Misunderstandings over common area fees or renewal terms can result in litigation between commercial landlords and tenants.
Kaiser Saurborn & Mair's attorneys advise sellers, buyers, owners, developers, contractors, lessors and tenants about the full range of real estate litigation. We counsel clients in New York and New Jersey, and our goal is to expand your options for a favorable outcome to the controversy.
Dependable Advice in Real Estate Negotiations and Litigation
Our understanding of New York and New Jersey real estate markets and practices, together with our experience in both settlement negotiations and in court, enables us to advise clients about the most effective ways to resolve such disputes as the following:
- Claims for breach or specific performance of purchase agreements.
- Disputes over disclosure, inspection or property conditions.
- Contracts for new construction or rehabilitation.
- Contracts between builders and owners.
- Contracts between general contractors and subcontractors.
- Financing problems in residential or commercial real estate development.
- Commercial lease disputes ranging from rent problems to options or renewals.
- Disputes between homeowners and condominium associations or co-op boards.
- Governance issues within homeowner, co-op or condominium associations.
- Title disputes involving easements, boundaries or unsatisfied liens.
Many real estate transactions from purchase agreements to building contracts contain terms calling for mediation or arbitration of disputes. Our lawyers advise clients about mandatory or discretionary alternative dispute resolution options, and can help you get the most out of streamlined approaches to the resolution of any real estate controversy.
Kaiser Saurborn & Mair represents clients in real estate litigation in New York and New Jersey.